Update: iPad Malaysia has been released! Check out the official iPad Malaysia price list (cheap!) and the iPad 2 rumor features.
Apple has announced their latest creation, the Apple tablet called “iPad“. What does Apple iPad tablet means to a Malaysian? Let’s find out.
According to Steve Jobs, iPad fills the gap in between a smartphone and a laptop, to do some tasks better: web browsing, email, sharing photos, video watching, music, games, and reading ebooks.
The iPad looks like a square shape, giant iPhone, which is quite dull. It is white at the back, and front with thick black borders.
- Processor: 1GHz Apple A4 (not the A4 paper in your photostat machine!)
- Operating System: iPhone OS 3.2
- Storage: 16GB, 32GB or 64GB flash drive
- Size: 9.56 (H) x 7.47 (W) x 0.5 (D) inch
- Weight: 1.5 pounds (680 gram) for iPad WiFi, 1.6 pounds (730 gram) for iPad 3G
- Display: 9.7-inch LED multi-touch display with IPS (1024×768 pixels)
- Wireless connection: WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G (only for iPad 3G, data only)
- Battery: up to 10 hours of web surfing, video watching, music playback
- Input/Output: Dock connector, 3.5mm headphone jack, build-in speaker, microphone, SIM tray (iPad 3G only)
I am surprised by the 10 hours battery life per charge. If it is truth, it would be Great!
P.S. A-GPS for iPad 3G only. The iPad 3G uses “micro SIM“, which is different than your current SIM card. Not sure Malaysia telco (Maxis, Celcom, Digi) will provide micro-SIM or not…
iPad virtual keyboard
(photo by Engadget)
The iPad virtual keyboard is similar to iPhone’s but bigger and it looks ugly in bigger size. Steve Jobs type on the virtual keyboard with two hands. It is not easy to hold iPad with one hand and typing with another hand, I guess.