The step-by-step instruction to create a PayPal donation button and start accepting online donation.
A friend asked me how to create a PayPal donation button to collect donation. I have told him the steps and I think it is good to share with you, too.
Step-by-step to create PayPal donation button
- Login your PayPal account, goto “Merchant Tools”. Scroll down to “PayPal Website Payments Standard“.
- There is a link named “Donations“. Click it to open donation button setup page.
- There looks many fields need to fill in… Don’t worry, you can ignore those “(optional)” field.
- If you want to specific a donation amount, fill in the “Donation Amount:“.Note: Once specified the amount, the donator cannot donate more than or less than the specified valune.
- Under “Choose a donation button to put on your website (optional)“, you can choose a donation button or use your own image.
- For “Security Settings“, I recommend to select “Yes” to encrypt your payment button. It will protect your paypal email address.
- Then, click the “Create Button Now” button at the bottom of the page to create your PayPal donation button.
- You will given a HTML code for the donation button. Copy it and paste into your website. Done.