Maxis has partnered with Symantec to offer Norton Mobile Security to protect customerâ€™s Android devices from mobile threats and ability to remotely locate, lock and wipe data from a lost or stolen device.
What is Norton Mobile Security?
Norton Mobile Security is a security application for mobile devices with the following highlighted features:
- Anti-virus, Anti-malware, Anti-phishing â€“ protect your Android device against viruses, malware, malicious sites and other mobile threats. Automatically scan downloaded apps and memory cards for threats.
- Call & SMS blocker â€“ block unwanted calls and SMS from specific phone numbers.
- Lost notice â€“ allows you to send a custom message to your missing device, so you can make arrangements to get it back.
- Remote Locate â€“ show the location of lost device on a map to help you find it fast. The app can even take a photo of anyone using your device when it is in â€œlost modeâ€.
- Remote Lock â€“ allows you to lock your device remotely via online or SMS to prevent others from accessing your device data.
- Remote Wipe â€“ allows you to remotely erase data and information in the device, both Internet memory and memory card, via SMS or online.
How much? How to apply?
Norton Mobile Securityâ€™s normal price is RM50 per year or RM85 for 2 years.
With the Maxis & Symantec partnership, Maxis Android customers can subscribe to Norton Mobile Security for RM1 a week or RM3 a month. Plus, you will receive 1-month free trial from the time of subscription.
To subscribe, you dial
*200# from your mobile phone and choose Maxis Secure. Or, you can subscribe by sending SMS message
ON NMS7 (for 1-week) or
ON NMS30 (for 1-month) to
âž¤ Maxis Secure