Viber, the leading messaging app, launches Viber Games on December 15, 2014. Viber Games is now available in Belarus, Malaysia, Israel, Singapore and the Ukraine, and expected to be available worldwide by January 2015.
â€œWe have been focusing on broadening the functionality of Viber and are really excited to unveil Viber Games,â€ said Talmon Marco, Viber CEO. â€œThis major expansion of our platform gives people another completely new way to connect with Viber. Itâ€™s an important step for us and we are looking forward to the response from our users.â€
The first 3 Viber Games are Viber Candy Mania and Viber Pop from Storm8, and Wild Luck Casino from Playtika.
Viber Games will take on the Viber brand look and feel, and feature popular characters in Viberâ€™s Sticker Market. The games use â€œViber Connectâ€ to allows you sign in using your Viber ID and connect with friends on Viber â€“ send gifts, send game invites, see friendsâ€™ currently playing games.
Viber Candy Mania by Storm8 — Featuring popular Viber sticker characters Violet and Legcat, you match and collect candies in this puzzle game.
Viber Pop by Storm8 — Bubble puzzle game featuring Viber character, Legcat.
Wild Luck Casino by Playtika — Slot game from the makers of Slotomania. Play with your friends to win free coins and prizes, then send as Viber gifts.
Additionally, Viber Games will provide users with multiple new ways to interact via Viber, including:
- Gift sending: Send gifts to your Viber friends; receive rewards for the more gifts you send
- Leaderboards: See how your scores stack up versus your Viber friends’
- Invite friends: Invite your Viber friends to download the games to play with you
- Bragging: Tell your friends when you beat their high scores
- Friend progression: See what levels your friends have reached in the game
- See what games your friends are currently playing.
Viber Games are available as free download (with in-app purchases) via Google Play and Apple App Store.