Designex 3D launches its new and largest 3D printer, Poseidon X 3D printer at METALTECH 2015 Â in Malaysia. The company also announces new National Education Channel Partner, Jua Jasa.
Poseidon X 3D printer is a large format 3D printer, capable of printing size up to 300mmÂ³ , perfect for designers to print large objects in a single print, without having to glue/stitch multiple printed parts manually.
TheÂ is constructed almost entirely from acrylic, rigid aluminum structural components and stainless steel hardware.Â It has a LCD control panel with jog-dial to allow direct control of printer functionalities. With SD card reader, the printer can runs print jobs independently without a need for a computer.
Despite larger print object, the 3D printing speed has been optimized to reduce printing time by more than 50%, a time-saving advantage for user.
Table of Contents
Jua Jasa as National Eduation Channel Partner
Designed 3D also signed a Memorandum of Understanding with its new National Education Channel Partner, Jua Jasa to promote the company’s range of 3D printers across the education sectors, such as government schools, polytechnics, technical colleges and universities.
“Partnering with Designex 3D will allow us to provide Designex 3D printers, to a quickly expanding list of education consumers and providers that will benefit from this technology” said Mr. Muhamad Rizal Yahya, Director of Jua Jasa.
Designex 3D printers
Established in 2013, Designex 3D Sdn. Bhd. is Malaysia’s 1st 3D printer company. The company specialize in design, manufacture and distribution of personal 3D printers for hobbyists, industries, SME or consumers with interest in rapid prototyping technologies.
All Designex 3D printers are 100% designed by Malaysians and locally manufactured in Malaysia. The company provides local training and supports for 3D printers.Â Designex 3D has been awarded the Malaysia Invention & Innovation Award and Malaysia International Design Award at Malaysia Technology Expo 2015.
The company offers different 3D printer models with different build sizes for your print applications and design needs. The 3D printers work with broad variety of 3D print consumables such as PLA, ABS, Flex and specialty filaments.
List of Designex 3D printers
- Poseidon X: 25KG weight. Large format 3D printer withÂ build volume: 300mm x 300mm x 300mm / 27.9L.Â LCD control panel with jog-dial, SD card reader, run print job independently. (Price: RM12,800)
- Odyssey X2: 12KG weight. Dual extruder 3D printer, LCD control panel with jog-dial, SD card reader, run print job independently. Build volume: 210mm x 210mm x 240mm/10.5L. (Price: RM8,500)
- Odyssey X: 10KG weight. LCD display and controller, no SD card reader. Build volume: 210mm Â x 210mm x 240mm/10.5L. (Price: RM6,500)
- Apollo: AboutÂ 3.0 kg weight.Â Does not support ABS build material.Â BuildÂ volume: 150mm x 150mm x 150mm. (Price: RM3,500)
3D printer filament
3D printer filament or 3D printer cartridges are most common in PLA and ABS. ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) is best for durable and usable parts but it is toxic and not environmentally friendly. PLA (Poly Lactic Acid) made of corn starch and biodegradable. PLA has becoming more popular because it is environmentally friendly.
Beside supports PLA/ABS, Designex 3D company’s also has specialty filament for your 3D printing requirement, such as nylon, glow in the dark, flex, conductive, and more.
The company sellsÂ ABS/PLA at RM150/kg roll and Speciality at RM260/kg roll.
3D printer showcase
Full range of Designex 3D printers will be showcased at the METALTECH 2015 exhibitionÂ (Booth No.3752, Hall 3) from 20th to 23rd May 2015.
All 3D printers and 3D printer filaments can beÂ purchased at Designex 3D corporate office or company’s website.Â Education practitioners and institutions enjoy special offer thruth Jua Jasa as below:
- Purchase 2 Poseidon X 3D printers and be entitled to 50% off 1 unit of Odyssey X printer OR 2 units of Apollo printers.
- Purchase 2 Odyssey 3D printers and be entitled to 50% off 1 unit of Apollo printer.
Visit Designex 3D website http://designex3d.com for more information.