In this article, you will learn everything about Maxis 4G LTE network, include the coverage area, speedtest, supported 4G phones, iPhone setup, and more.Â 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) is a new generation of mobile network, successor of the third generation (3G) standards, offer up to 10 times after speed than 3G connection.
Table of Contents
How to activate Maxis 4G LTE?
Maxis 4G LTE network works seamlessly with its existing 3G networks. To enjoy the blasting 4G speed, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- A 4G device (phone, tablet, modem) support Maxis 4G LTE band (1800Mhz and 2600Mhz) and use Micro/Nano SIM card. (may need to update carrier settings)
- You are a Maxis postpaid customer with 1GB data plan or above.
- You are in the Maxis 4G LTE network coverage.
Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPad mini) canby goto Settings > General > About, you will get a prompt for Carrier Settings Update.
No extra charge for Maxis 4G LTE
No extra charges for Maxis 4G LTE. AS long as you fulfill the above requirements, you can ride on the super fast wireless broadband without additional fee. Just like you donâ€™t pay more to use 3G network.
Maxis 4G LTE phones and modem
Today, the official Maxis 4G devices (with plans) are:
- iPhone 5
- Nokia Lumia 920
- HTC One XL
- iPad mini (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad 4 (WiFi + Cellular)
- 4G LTE USB modem
Actually, any 4G devices support 1800MHz or 2600MHz bands would also works on Maxis 4G LTE.
Maxis 4G LTE network coverage area
Maxis has expanded 4G LTE network coverage since the launch on 1 January 2013.Â The following is the current Maxis 4G LTE coverage areas:
- Bangsar, Mont Kiara, Desa Park, Damansara Heights
- Damansara Utama
- Puchong (Wawasan Puchong, Bandar Kinrara 1, Bandar Kinrara 3, Bandar Kinrara 4, Bandar Puteri)
- Seapark, Dataran Prima, Tropicana
- Petaling Jaya Section 13, 14, 17, 19, SS2
- Sunway, Kampung Tunku, SS2, SS3
- Taman Desa, Pantai Dalam, Old Klang Road
- Taman Gembira, Desa Petaling
- Taman Kinrara 2, Taman Kinrara 3, Taman Kinrara 4
- Taman Megah (SS23, SS24, SS26), Kelana Jaya
- Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI), Bandar Utama, Mutiara Damansara
- USJ 3, USJ 4, USJ 5, USJ 9, USJ 11, USJ 12, USJ 13
Maxis expects to expand further in Klang Valley, Penang and Johor by 3rd quarter of 2013. You can check the latest 4G coverage area here.
If you are out of Maxis 4G LTE coverage, your 4G device will seamlessly switch to 3G network (or EDGE or GPRS).
Maxis 4G LTE SpeedTest result
Maxis 4G LTE offers speed up to 75Mbps but we know that the theory speed will never happens. Maxis says the average speed will be 10â€“30Mbps.
Some early Maxis 4G LTE SpeedTest results show that the download speed are above 20Mbps and upload speed up around 15Mbps. Thatâ€™s impressive! (My home broadband is 4Mbps)
For more information, visit Maxis Centres at KCLL or Taman Tun Dr. Ismail or gotoÂ www.maxis.com.my/4GLTE.Â
Anything you would like to know about Maxis 4G LTE? Please ask in comment below.