Mac: Have you ever wished to check the bluetooth connection strength between your computer and your wireless devices (keyboard, mouse, speaker, headsetâ€¦) for troubleshooting? In this article, I will tell you how to check bluetooth signal strength on Mac by pressing 1 key.
- Make sure your bluetooth device is paired with your Mac.
- Launch â€œSystem Preferencesâ€
- Click â€œBluetoothâ€ under â€œInternet & Wirelessâ€
- You will see a list of bluetooth devices in the left column. The connected bluetooth devices have a green dot and say â€œConnectedâ€.
- Now, here is the magic, press and hold â€œOptionâ€ key. Dang! Dang! Signal strength bars and number will show next to the connected bluetooth device names.
The more bars, the better signal. The bigger number (closer to 0), the better signal. In the screenshot above, you can see that my Apple Wireless Trackpad has weaker signal (â€“54) than the other 2 devices (â€“49).
Bonus: You can monitor the bluetooth connection continuously by selecting a paired bluetooth device, click the gear button at the bottom of left column, then select â€œMonitor Connection RSSIâ€ from the dropdown menu. A new window opens and stay on top to monitor the device’s bluetooth connection.
[via Cult of Mac]