Apple iPhone 4 has been released. Should you buy the new iPhone 4 or the cheaper iPhone 3GS? Read on to find out.
What’s new about iPhone 4?
Although both phones run the same operating system (iOS 4), iPhone 4 has some attractive new and improved features.
Here is the brief list of iPhone 4 advantages over iPhone 3GS:
- New and slimmer phone design
- Apple A4 processor (faster)
- Higher resolution at same display size
- Two build-in camera (front & back)
- 5 megapixels camera with LED flash, and backside illumination sensor
- Ability to record HD videos
- Better battery life
- Support 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Support 5.8Mbps HSUPA network
- Added 3-axis gyro for better gaming experience
- Noise suppression
- Free video calling using FaceTime app
As an existing iPhone 3GS user, the only reasons I would buy the new iPhone 4 are: faster processor, longer battery life and better camera.
Buy iPhone 3GS if you…
- like the iPhone 3GS design
- OK with 3 megapixel camera without flash
- don’t mind to have slower processing speed
- don’t do video calling
- seldom play mobile games
- want a cheaper iPhone
Though iPhone 4 has replaced iPhone 3GS, the latter is still a great smartphone today. The good news is that now you can get cheaper iPhone 3GS :)