Now Facebook plays a sound each time you receive a new notification. Here youâ€™ll learn about how to turn off Facebook notification sound.
I was stalking friends on facebook, then my computer suddenly played a strange sound. After checking all tabs on my web browser, I found that it is Facebook notification sound.
Yes, now Facebook alert you with sound when thereâ€™s new Facebook notification. It is annoying and, worse, it tells everyone in the office that you are playing Facebook!
The first thing I do is turn off the Facebook notification sound. It is simple but hidden in your Facebook settings.
- Login your Facebook account.
- Click on the â€œgear iconâ€ at the top right corner.
- In the drop down menu, select â€œAccount Settingsâ€.
- In the left column of Account Settings, click â€œNotificationsâ€.
- Under â€œHow You Get Notificationsâ€, click â€œOn Facebookâ€.
- Uncheck â€œPlay a sound when each new notification is receivedâ€ (as shown in the picture above)
- Press â€œSave Changesâ€ button. Done.
(You can skip the above Step 2 to 5 by visiting this web address.)
Facebook notification already has a badge count on the top bar, and a silent popup message. Facebook still want to add a Facebook notification sound to keep you coming back, when you are surfing on other browser tabs or doing your work.Â I found it annoying and kills my productivity.
What say you? Do you like the Facebook notification sound feature or already disable it?