OLDTOWN White Coffee has launched, a design and animation contest runs from 8 July to 8 October 2013. Students and professionals aged 18 and above are invited to design and create Malaysiaâ€™s next big icon.
Lee Siew Heng, Group Managing Director, Oldtown Berhad said, “â€¦we want to bring the future generation in our country together on a journey to create an icon that symbolizes Malaysiaâ€™s cultural values. We believe that The Animaction Challenge would be a relevant and engaging platform for professionals, students, freelancers and even hobbyists to better understand the nationâ€™s true identity.
The Animaction Challenge
The Animaction Challenge divided into 2 categories: Student and Professional.
The student category requires participants to submit their entries on an individual basis in either PNG or JPEG format.
The professional category is open to team submissions of up to maximum of 4 persons, and requires to submit a 3D animation of no longer than 2 minutes in MOV or MP4 format.
All entry submissions will be evaluated based on originality, innovation, creativity, technical excellence and visual impact by a leading panel of judges.
Winners of the contest will stand a chance to win cash and production grant worth up to RM37,000 for the Student Category and RM52,000 for the Professional Category:
* Grand Prize: RM25,000 worth of cash and production grant
* 1st Runner-up: RM7000 cash
* 2nd Runner-up: RM3000 cash
* 10x Consolation: RM200 worth of OLDTOWN White Coffee Vouchers each
* Grand Prize: RM35,000 worth of cash and production grant
* 1st Runner-up: RM10,000 cash
* 2nd Runner-up: RM5000 cash
* 10x Consolation: RM200 worth of OLDTOWN White coffee Vouchers each
The following is the judges for The Animaction Challenge Contest:
- Kamil Othman, Vice President of Creative Multimeia at MDeC
- Low JianWei, Lighting Technical Director at Rhythm & Hues (worked on â€œLife of Piâ€ movie)
- Mohd. Safwan Karim, Operations Director and Co-Founder of Animonsta Studios (mind behind Malaysiaâ€™s famous animated icon, BoBoiBoy)
The Animaction Challenge is open for entries from 8 July 2013 to 8 October 2013. The winners will be announced in November 2013. Visitfor more information and submit your entries.