Twitter is one of the most popular social networking service and we ranted the lack of official Twitter app for Windows 8 when the new operating system launched last year.
Thanks for waiting.
At last, the official Twitter app is now available for Windows 8 on Windows Store. In addtion to familiar Twitter features like Home, Connect, Discover, and Me tabs, the app added new functions that takes advantage of Windows 8 features:
- Snap view: You can snap Twitter into the left or right side of the screen and use other app on the same screen. You can adjust the app size to 1/3, 2/3, or full screen.
- Photos: Twitter app uses landscape view to give you larger version of photos, you can also swipe horizontally to view photo gallery in the Discover tab or a userâ€™s profile.
- Share charm: Simply reveal the Windows 8 charm bar from the right edge and choose Share charm to share content (photo, article, etc) from any app to Twitter.
- Search charm: Like Share charm, Search charm allows you to easily find an account or see a hashtag tweets.
- Live Tiles and notifications: Twitter Live Tiles and notifications keep you updated on Windows 8 tiles screen.
Check out the Twitter for Windows 8 screenshots and video below:
Here is the Twitter for Windows 8 video:
Now you can download Twitter for Windows 8 on Windows Store. Available in 22 languages. Support Windows 8 and Windows RT.